A common question that gets asked is ‘How can I make my eggs more fertile?’
As a nutritionist I strongly believe in the power of food on the body and the importance of taking a holistic approach to our health. When it comes to the health and fertility of our eggs, the same thoughts apply!
I recently read ‘It Starts With The Egg’ by Rebecca Fett and I wanted to share with you some of the concepts that we agree on when it comes to improving your egg health.
1. Avoiding toxins
– Reducing your exposure to plastics
– Eliminating toxins in bath and body products as well as cleaning product
– Switching to organic foods to minimize toxic exposure through our food
Check out ewg.org for more information on all of these.
2. Autoimmune Disorders
– Hashimoto’s (thyroid), Celiac, etc
– If your body is always on high alert and attacking itself, it is not going to be ready to create a tiny human
– Nutrient levels could be low, leading to difficulties conceiving and lower quality eggs
– MANY of these things come back to proper diet and digestion
– Ensuring you have the proper nutrients to support the body in balancing your hormones and eliminating toxins
– Help reduce the stress placed on the body when it has to work to break items down and protect you from the harmful toxins and foods we ingest
– Reduce inflammation
– Improve egg health and quality
4. Vitamin and Minerals
– taking proper supplements to support areas we are low in allowing the body to function more optimally
– Vitamin D, iron, magnesium, B vitamins, etc are important for fertility and often low in women
Want to learn more? My KICKSTARTER program is now available and will walk you through the basics of fertility and nutrition including the topics of digestion, nutrition, meal planning/prep, and supplements. If you are struggling with fertility you will want to check out just how much bang you get for your buck in this awesome program.