Our very first guest speaker of the year in our private community was tea expert, Kate Valade, who did a 30 minute talk and demonstration on how to incorporate matcha into your day to day life.
For those of you wondering what the heck match is – simply put it is green tea in powdered form.
What does this mean for you?
- When you are consuming the whole leaf (vs the diluted extraction that you get from tea) you are SIGNIFICANTLY increasing the amount of nutrients you intake
- Matcha is a stimulant (like coffee) except that is far more gentle on the system,and the rise and falls are so gradual you aren’t likely to notice them (therefore avoiding the annoying caffeine crash) I often turn first to matcha and second to coffee if in a desperate, sleep deprived situation
- Matcha is contains L-Theanine that is known for its calming effects, helping you decrease anxiety, stress and regain better focus and an increase in energy.
Do I really need to say more??
Like green tea Matcha can have a very earthy/grass like flavour that can easily turn people away when they aren’t sure how to properly use it. However, with the rise in popularity of this incredible little beverage, you can know get it in a variety of flavours. You can also make tasty lattes like this one to help your transition in and enjoy it more regularly!
- 1 cup water (hot)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk (any milk would likely work)
- 1 tsp matcha
- 1 tbsp coconut butter (oil would work too but give a slightly different texture)
- 1 tbsp raw honey or other natural sweetener (optional)
- In your blender, combine the hot water, coconut milk, matcha, coconut butter, and raw honey (if using). Blend until creamy and frothy. Pour into a mug and enjoy!
*If you are new to Matcha you may want to start with ½ tsp
Questions? Reach out to me here!
Want more recipes like this? Sign up for my monthly meal plan subscription here!